This sponge cake is the typical cake that is made with a glass of yogurt as a referencemeasure. We’ve added the apple to give it a little more flavor…and the truth is that it looks very tasty!
Activity time:1 hour 15 minutes approximately
Age: From 4 with the help of an adult
Caution: when whisking things, grate the orange peel and with the oven.
- 1 natural yogurt -no flavor- Do not throw away the yogurt container as we will use it as a reference to put the measures of flour and sugar.
- Flour- 3 measures of yogurt
- Sugar- 2 measures of yogurt
- Grated Orange Peel
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil-1 measure of yogurt
- 2 apples
Steps to follow:
2. In a bowl we add several ingredients before starting to say:
natural yoghurt and sugar– 2 measures of yogurt-
3. We also add olive oil– 1 measure of yogurt- and 3 whole eggs,with their whites and yolks.
4. Add the orange zest.
5. Now we mix it all very well mixed.
6. Gradually, let’s add the Flour– 3 measures of yogurt- and the yeast envelope.
7. Gradually mix the ingredients. We must be here for a while so that there are no lumps left of the flour. Otherwise the biscuit wouldn’t do well.
8. It must look like this or better!
9. When you have finished mixing it, let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
While we prepare the fountain where we will pour the preparation of the dough.
We’ve taken this glass fountain, but whatever fountain you have at home, it works.
Spread the butter bowl, put the cooking paper on top and spread it back. Like this:
10. While we let stand for 10-15 minutes, we also heat the oven at 180oC and cut the apples.
11. Cut the apples well finite and leave them ready to layer them in the cake.
12. Add a little dough and a 1st layer of apple.
13. Add a 2nd layer of dough and apple.
14. Add the rest of dough and the last layer of apple (in total 3 layers) and above, we put some icing sugar.
15. Lower the oven temperature to 170oC and set it to heat the top and bottom. We left it for 50 minutes.
16. After 40 minutes, let’s see that the cake does not burn. We’re poking with a knife or a stick. If it comes out clean, it means that the cake is made and if it comes out with dough, we have to wait even a little longer.
17. When it’s ready, we take it out of the oven and the fountain, and enjoy the Apple Cake!!
18- 19. Look how good it looks! It’s been very fluffy!
You can exchange the apple for any other fruit you want. We made a strawberry cake and it also looked great!